Adopting a wish and making a dream come true for a Wish Child requires creativity and careful planning. We do not just hand over a wish item but organize special activities for a Wish Child and his or her family so that for a day, they forget that he is sick. A magical experience will transform their sadness and pain to laughter, hope and the belief that anything is possible.
Adopt-A-Wish usually falls into 2 categories of wishes – “I wish to have…” and “I wish to go…”. A sponsor can choose his or her level of involvement with the Adopt-A-Wish process, depending on the amount of time and effort he will be able to give – from being hands-on with every detail, taking charge of some arrangements, attendance on the event itself or only covering the expenses incurred. A Make-A-Wish volunteer will help a sponsor every step to make the wish experience delightful not just for the Wish Child but for the sponsor as well.
Your enthusiasm and commitment will deliver a wondrous experience that will create lasting, joyous memories for the Wish Kids and their families. The wish journey can be transformational for all involved donors and volunteers. We cannot wait for you to be a part of a wish unfolding and a dream coming true!
1.Decide whether you want to Adopt-A-Wish by yourself, with a partner, with a group of friends or with the company you work for.
2. Determine your working budget. There is a whole range of price variations of wish item/s & expenses depend on the activities incorporated into the program. Examples of some costs to consider include, but are not limited to: wish item/s, venue, food, transportation (Php 300) & Wish Operations Fund (Php 500).
3. A Wish List (with name of Wish Child, Age, Medical condition & Wish) will be provided and the sponsor can choose what wish/es he wants to fulfill. For a list of wishes kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Schedule the event and reserve the venue.
5. Buy the wish item/s.
6. Create an itinerary/program (subject to approval).
7. Prepare décor, costumes & other props as needed.
8. Be ready to have fun, fun, fun!